Introducing USDT, COMP and GRT at Bitstamp with zero fees until the end of September!
Listing at Bitstamp is at an all-time high. Adding to the dozens of new assets that we’ve added this year, we now bring you another batch of eagerly-anticipated cryptocurrencies. In this varied group, you will find two new assets that continue to show our excitement for the DeFi market and the developing crypto ecosystem, as well as a stablecoin heavyweight!
We are listing the following cryptocurrencies:
- Tether (USDT) – a stablecoin based on USD that operates across several blockchains
- Compound (COMP) – a DeFi lending protocol for earning interest and taking out secured loans
- The Graph (GRT) – a decentralized protocol for indexing and querying data from blockchains
All of these assets will trade with zero fees until the end of September!
Please note that for the time being, these assets will not be available to our US and Singapore customers.
1. Transfer-only mode: Deposits and withdrawals open but trading is not enabled yet.
USDT, COMP, GRT: Monday, 14 June
2. Post-only mode: You will be able to place and cancel limit orders, but they will not be matched. Therefore, no orders will actually be completed during this stage.
USDT: Tuesday, 15 June, at 8:00 AM UTC
COMP: Wednesday, 16 June, at 8:00 AM UTC
GRT: Thursday, 17 June, at 8:00 AM UTC
3. Limit-only mode: Order matching will start and trades will be executed normally. However, only limit orders will be available.
USDT: Tuesday, 15 June, at 12:00 PM UTC
COMP: Wednesday, 16 June, at 12:00 PM UTC
GRT: Thursday, 17 June, at 12:00 PM UTC
4. Full trading: Once the order books gather sufficient liquidity, we will enable all order types and card purchases for the new trading pairs as well.
Follow us on Twitter for real-time updates on the rollout of the new trading pairs.
Here’s a full list of new trading pairs to be added at Bitstamp:
Tether (USDT) is a stablecoin pegged to the US dollar. Its value is managed by the Tether platform, which backs all USDT tokens with real USD in its reserves. It operates on top of several blockchains, like the ones of Bitcoin and Ethereum.
About Compound (COMP):
Compound (COMP) is a DeFi lending protocol that allows its users deposit supported Ethereum tokens to earn interest or take out a secured loan. It establishes markets by pooling assets and uses an algorithm to set interest rates. Holders of the COMP token can participate in Compound’s governance and vote to implement changes to the protocol.
About The Graph (GRT):
The Graph (GRT) is a decentralized protocol for indexing and querying data from blockchains. It scans various blockchain networks like a search engine and indexes data from them into arranged groups – open APIs called subgraphs that anyone can query. It is powered by the Ethereum-based GRT token.