Introducing ALGO, AUDIO and CRV at Bitstamp with zero fees until the end of July!
The listing frenzy at Bitstamp continues with a trio of assets focused on bridging DeFi and traditional finance, decentralized exchange of assets and next-generation music streaming!
This will be the third batch of new assets we're listing over the past month alone, and we’re exploring support for even more!
This time around, we are listing the following cryptocurrencies:
- Algorand (ALGO) – a pure proof-of-stake cryptocurrency designed to connect DeFi with traditional finance
- Audius (AUDIO) – the token used to govern the Audius music streaming platform
- Curve (CRV) – a decentralized exchange for stablecoin trading and earning liquidity fees
All of these assets will trade with zero fees until the end of July!
Please note that for the time being, these assets will not be available to our US customers.
1. Transfer-only mode: Deposits and withdrawals open but trading is not enabled yet.
ALGO, AUDIO, CRV: Monday, 17 May
2. Post-only mode: You will be able to place and cancel limit orders, but they will not be matched. Therefore, no orders will actually be completed during this stage.
ALGO: Tuesday, 18 May, at 8:00 AM UTC
AUDIO: Wednesday, 19 May, at 8:00 AM UTC
CRV: Thursday, 20 May, at 8:00 AM UTC
3. Limit-only mode: Order matching will start and trades will be executed normally. However, only limit orders will be available.
ALGO: Tuesday, 18 May, at 12:00 PM UTC
AUDIO: Wednesday, 19 May, at 12:00 PM UTC
CRV: Thursday, 20 May, at 12:00 PM UTC
4. Full trading: Once the order books gather sufficient liquidity, we will enable all order types and card purchases for the new trading pairs as well.
Follow us on Twitter for real-time updates on the rollout of the new trading pairs.
Here’s a full list of new trading pairs to be added at Bitstamp:
Algorand (ALGO) is a pure proof-of-stake cryptocurrency designed by the MIT professor and Touring award laureate Silvio Micali. Algorand offers a platform that connects decentralized and traditional finance using the next generation of financial products, protocols and efficient exchange of value.
Audius (AUDIO) is a music streaming platform built for music creators, where they can share their music and build a fanbase. The platform is based on the AUDIO token, which ensures security, enables advanced features and allows its holders to vote on how the platform will be developed.
Curve (CRV) is a decentralized exchange aimed primarily at efficient stablecoin trading. It also offers its users a low-risk fee income for providing liquidity. Instead of a central order book, it uses pools of cryptocurrency provided by its users to enable trading at low fees and minimal variation in price.