Bitstamp’s response to COVID-19
The spread of COVID-19 around the world has presented all of us with an unprecedented challenge to the way we live our lives. We hope you have managed to stay safe, healthy and, if at all possible, at home, during these trying times.
At Bitstamp, we have been monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely and have taken steps to maintain the high level of service our customers have come to expect from us no matter how the current situation unfolds.
Given the online nature of our business, we are in a strong position to continue operating without any impact on our services. We have already implemented a series of operational changes and are prepared to adapt further if necessary.
These are the steps we have taken so far:
- Moved our entire global workforce to remote work two weeks ago
- Ensured every employee has access to our secure network and company resources
- Cancelled all business travel
- Strongly encouraged all employees to stay at home, practice social distancing and avoid public transportation
- Distributed guidelines for staying healthy and working from home effectively
- Increased our internal communication channels and scaled our internal organizational tools
Additionally, we have implemented a series of risk mitigation plans for any direction the current situation unfolds in. Since we do not expect any part of our infrastructure to be materially impacted, we are confident that Bitstamp can function fully remote for as long as necessary and maintain the high standard of service our customers expect from us.
We remain available to you through all regular channels and our operations, workflow and services remain uninterrupted. Should any further updates develop, we will be sure to let you know. Thank you for your continued support as we navigate these difficult times.
Wishing you all the best,
The Bitstamp Team